Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter, oh, winter, where are you?




If I have to choose between winter and summer, I guess I always would pick up summer as my favourite season. I just looove sun, high degrees, humidity, smell of grass and forrests, fewer worn clothes, beach volley... Anyhow, I must admit that once again now that we are lacking a real, heavy, winter in Finland, I miss it a lot. I hate feeling cold and wearing too many layers of clothes in the winter time, but that is how it should be, but it isn't and it hasn't been like it so far this year. So yeah, I'm complaining.

Here are some pics from Jyväskylä taken on one of the first days of this year - when we still had ice on the lakes. I wish a miracle would happen - that we'd get ice on lake Näsijärvi (one of the two big lakes that surround Tampere) so that I could go there skating to enjoy the wind, views, cold air, freezing toes, many layers of clothes... at least once. I would love that!

No comments: