My lovely niece Pilvi is just the best! I'm so proud of her. She is very smart and she learns new things so easily. Maybe sometimes not the most important ones, if we come to the fact that it's me who teaches her tricks...
As long as I can remeber, my own mym has always tasted all kinds of food from the back of her hand. Once I was visiting Pilvi and her parents, we made "mansikkarahkaa". Just to have a little bit of fun, I showed Pilvi how to taste m-rahkaa in that same way (see the second pic). And - she got the point! The other day my sis told me that they'd made "rahkaa" again - and she tasted it in the same way! ON HER OWN! I bet one day my sis will make me pay for my teachings.
Last weekend at my olds' I gave Pilvi a tiny amount of m-u-s-t-a-r-d in the same way, to check out what she thinks of it. (Her mom LOVES mustard, so I had to check that out!) And she didn't want to stop putting a bit of mustard on the back of her hand, and licking it off! What can I say? Omena ei ole kauas puusta pudonnut!
3 comments:
Hey, I've learned it too!! I mostly only use this method when making salad dressing - marjarahka and other sweets are much better tasted with a big spoon :-D
yeah, tell me about it!
hmm.. i reckon we should meet up for a marjarahka session, yeah!
Post a Comment