Monday, August 21, 2006

Paletada Noturna

On Saturday I took part of another Paletada, a hiking-orienteering-adventure-team-“competition” –thingie that took place in a beach village called Praia do Forte (which is famous for its turtle project TAMAR), about 60kms up to North from Salvador.

You can read more about whats the game is about from the posting of my first Paletada in June 2006.

This Paletada was a special one as it was held in the dark!!! And what can I say… Just like the first one, this one was also heaps of fun! And maybe even more fun, because the circumstance of doing it in the dark with head lights made everything even more challenging and exciting! This time I was part of a group of three guys that have just started this entertaining sport as a group of “trekkers” (beginners’ level), whereas I did the first one with a group of “graduados” (advanced level). This time I had a task of my own, a meter counter.

After all fun - walking, running, being partly a bit lost etc. on sand roads in the middle of forests, wetlands, a beach full of cactuses, dynes etc. – we finished our Paletada actually very well, only about 10 minutes late, which is pretty well. Really!!! Tomorrow there will be the result releasing in the Bar Original and we'll see how well we did.

My team just like many other ones too, stayed in Praia do Forte for the night. It was very nice to stay away from the city for a while, get to do again something totally different from the ordinary weekly routine, get to know my team members (I didn’t know them before hand), have some refreshing pineapple/strawberry roskas, and enjoy the sun, the beach and new people around the next day… A big group of us finished the trip yesterday with a delicious lunch in a seafood restaurant in the middle of nowhere, in a tiny village ‘bout 20kms up from the beach where we stayed. We had a dish called “Mukeka de Camarão” which I just LOOOVE!!! It’s basically shrimps in a special sauce that comes with rice, fried flour and thick sauce. Man, I’ll definitely miss it in Finland…

2 comments:

Karoliina said...

Hello my friend! En tiennytkaan, etta olet taasen Brasiliassa. Hienoa kuulla susta nainkin, vaan olisipa viela hienompaa, jos oikein sahkopostia saisin! Terveisia Bostonista. Taalla elellaan onnellisena ja tottakai tietyin aika valein kaivataan Suomen maata ja kansaa. Koulu on melkein tehty ja huomista odotellaan innolla. Jospa Jumala lahettaa vaikka kirjeen postissa, etta mihin meikaa seuraavaksi viedaan... Tahtoa on, suunta viela hiukan pimennossa!

Karoliina said...

Niin siis loydat linkin mun blogiin Hennan sivulta...